Monday 7 February 2011

Born this way week

Waves :)

As you may know Miss Lady Gaga is releasing her new single born this way very soon! I've been wanting to do a Gaga series for some time now and this seems like the perfect opportunity. I once drew her in the style of pokerface, but it had a big mistake proportion wise with an eye.

For the past two or three days I have been sketching plans for a massive painting I am going to do. It is hopefully going to wow a lot of you, and I want to do it to push my style as I discussed in the previous blog post. It will definately be eye catching as it will be like no Gaga you will have ever seen! Suspense huh! haha... Lets hope I can pull it off!

Well tonight I wanted to draw her portrait style, but actually was not in the mood for full on detail so I just went with the flow and ended up doing a cartoony/ pop art Gaga.

Here is a sneak peak... it will go up on YouTube too as a video. I will probably be releasing a series of Gaga videos this week and in the weeks to come, as I do a variety of art inspirations to do with her :)


This piece is a concept using outlines, and cutting away the paper. It is drawn with black, blue, two yellows, a green and a red magic marker as well as pencil. I cut away the paper on two corners, inserting the yellow card behind one side, and then another white piece of paper behind too.  You can't see all the detail in the face, it looks more impressive up close.. oh wait if you click it you get a big image so yes you can :) ... anyway you'll have to wait for the video :D

I hope you're all having a good start to the week!

My favourite version of Paparazzi! I just adore the intro.

No comments:

Post a Comment